Filipino Nurses Association in Nordic is now a member of International Association of Nurses in Palliative Care which is based in the United Kingdom with Elaine Stevens as the Chairperson. Registered Members of FiNAN are automatic members of the association as well. Small steps are big steps indeed!
Leading Filipino Nurses Association in the Nordic Region for highly-skilled and competitive Filipino Nurses
Empower and strengthen the global image of Filipino Nurses as a source of nursing manpower and care in the Nordic Region
The following are the ten strategic goals of the group.
1. To contribute to the care of the environment and explore our roles in climate change
2. To be part in realising the role of Internationally Educated Nurses in the attainment of Universal Health Coverage in the Nordic Region.
3. To maintain a patient-centred Care.
4. To understand our responsibilities towards Antimicrobial Resistance
5. To strengthen the competencies of Filipino Nurses towards aging care.
6. To help encourage other migrants living in the region to take the National Vaccination Programme of the respective Nordic Countries.
7. To monitor that recruited Filipino Nurses are well-integrated in the Nordic countries to help maintain the mental health and well-being of the nurses.
8. To update with the latest evidence-based research in nursing.
9. To cooperate with the national and international authorities in realising the pressing problems of the global health.
10. To uphold the rights of Filipino Nurses by ensuring that recruitment agencies are following the WHO Global Code of Practice on the International Recruitment of Health Personnel.
The Meaning of our Logo
The five-person vector symbolises the Nordic countries and the colours of the flag while the normal heart rhythm represents the life that the Filipino Nurses give to the healthcare system in the Nordic countries by rendering nursing care from the heart.